Saturday, November 24, 2007

Final Project- Thanksgiving

So this was my first Thanksgiving without my family. My parents moved to FL and there was no way I could fly down there with out costing me my arm and legs. So I went to my boyfriend's house. I was nervous about the whole thing. I was even more nervous because I decided to do my final project on Thanksgiving. I was nervous about how they would react to me snapping pictures left and right. Would the kick me out? I woke up at 6am with my boyfriend's mother and she was shocked. She told me to go back to bed, but I refused and started snapping away at the uncooked turkey. I was very tired so I don't know how these shots came out but we will have to wait and see. Then we all went back to bed. Then back up at 8am to do some more work. It was hard balancing cooking and taking pictures at the same time, but I did my best. His parents called me over whenever they thought something would make an interesting picture. There are a lot of pictures of food which I am sure will make me hungry when I print them. It was a nice way to document the day. His family was so amazed that I was actually using film. His dad asked if I could upload the pictures I was taking, I said they were film and he was shocked. He didn't think anyone used film now a days. I cannot wait to see how my pictures came out. I took five rolls so I am hoping to get at least 10 pictures from them. We will have to wait and see. I am going to try to finish my portrait photos and develop my Thanksgiving film on Sunday. I want to try to get a lot done. It has been had trying to balance student teaching and photo. Photo takes up a lot of time, and time is one thing I do not have enough of. I have gotten all my assignment done on time so I am pretty proud of that. I just need to keep it up. Until Sunday, CIAO CIAO!

No comments: